Payments Consulting Network (PCN) is celebrating our 10th anniversary this year!
Founded in January 2013 in Australia to enable independent payments industry consultants to collaborate and support clients on larger projects, our network now covers Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Africa and Latin America, and includes several specialist boutique consulting firms.
Our logo, with its interconnected dots across the globe represents the way our international team works seamlessly across borders on client projects embodying our tag line – Connect, Collaborate, Create.
So, what makes PCN unique?
- The depth of experience within our team – over 80% of our consultants have between 15 to 40 years’ experience in payments – allows us to hit the ground running, adding value from the start. We describe ourselves as “the reverse pyramid of consulting”. In the complex and dynamic world of payments, experience matters.
- Our global reach means local presence across five regions, eleven countries and eighteen cities. The payments industry has evolved differently across the globe. We bring together our knowledge and experience across multiple markets and contextualise this based on the requirements of each individual client project and the local payments landscape. About 20% of new projects involve supporting clients across regions, several markets, or leveraging consultants across multiple countries. We continue to expand our presence to new countries and cities each year.
- The diversity of our team – with representation and experience across multiple countries, demographics, functions, industry verticals and areas of expertise – means that we present different views and options for our clients to consider. This diversity of perspectives is critical when making strategic decisions.
- We are problem solvers and spend time understanding the unique challenges and requirements of our clients to provide the support needed to meet their objectives. Where we identify common issues across multiple clients, we work to develop industry solutions (e.g. our ATM Round Table, merchant services Pricing Comparison service and resources page for charities). If we don’t believe we have the relevant experience within our network then we refer clients to others that we believe may be able to assist.
- We are educators, sharing our insights and knowledge to help people make informed decisions. We do this through our consulting engagements; via the content we share on our website blogs, LinkedIn and newsletters; presentations and panel discussions at industry events; and the various payments industry training programs we have run.
- We are a purpose driven, values based organisation that strives to help the industry and wider community. We support a range of charities through our Giving Program with funding, pro bono consulting services and marketing support. As a member of Pledge 1%, a global movement that is creating a new normal where companies of all sizes integrate giving back into their culture and values, we are proactively working to help expand the community in Asia-Pacific.
We are here because of you, and would like to thank everyone that has worked with us over the last ten years – as a colleague, client, partner, community member or industry participant – for your support and trust. We look forward to solving more problems, creating new solutions, and building on those relationships over the next ten years!
Author: Mangala Martinus, Managing Director, Payments Consulting Network and Merchant Advisory
Are you interested in reading articles on a particular payments topic, company, payments industry executive or author? Click the search icon, it’s that magnifying glass on the top right-hand side of the website, and type in the keywords that interest you. You will then be presented with a list of any articles that match your search criteria.
If you require consulting support, please complete our contact form and provide an overview of your requirements and one of our consultants will get back to you to schedule a call.
If you are an experienced independent payments consultant or lead a boutique payments consulting firm and would like to expand your horizons working with a collaborative international team, please send an email to obtain further information and schedule an exploratory discussion.